For teachers, the process is:
- Create an account: Tell us what type of teaching jobs that you want, such as location of the school, grade levels, subjects, and qualities of the school and student body. You can also specify schools that you do not want to see you, such as current or past employers. You can sign up here.
- Complete and submit your profile: To ensure that we match you with relevant opportunities, tell us about yourself, including education, certification, and work experience.
- Chat with your Selected coach: Schedule and have a quick call with your dedicated Selected team member who will help you throughout the job search process. This individual can answer any questions, provide tips, and follow up for you.
- Be shown to schools: When you tell us you are ready, we show your profile to schools that meet your criteria and are actively hiring. You can change your info or deactivate your account at any time.
- Sit back and let schools reach out to you: Unlike a traditional job board, interested schools have to take the first step and invite you to connect. This is important as we don't want to waste your time applying to a blackhole with no response.
- Accept or pass invitations to chat with schools: Review the schools who want to interview you and decide who to move forward with.
- Speak directly with a school: When you accept an invite and connect, your contact info will be released to the school who can then contact you. Interview as you normally would but with the support of your Selected coach.
- Get job offers: If your conversation advances to a job offer, you can continue to get support from Selected. We also encourage you to speak with at least a few schools to ensure that you and the school are a great mutual fit so that you can teach at a school you love.
You can get started by creating an account here.