For teachers, the process is:
- Create a free account: Tell us what type of teaching jobs that you want, such as location of the school or family, grade levels, subjects, and qualities of the workplace environment. You can also choose to post your candidate profile in anonymous mode. You can sign up here.
- Complete and submit your profile: To ensure that we showcase your profile to relevant opportunities, tell us about yourself, including education, certification status, and work experience.
- Get showcased to employers: Once your profile is submitted and approved, we show your profile to employers that meet your criteria and are actively hiring. You can update your info or set your profile to "Not Looking" to hide it from employers at any time.
- Sit back and let employers reach out to you: Unlike a traditional job board, interested employers can take the first step and invite you to connect. This is important as we don't want to waste your time applying to a blackhole with no response.
- Accept or pass invitations to chat with employers: Review the employers who want to tell you more about their position. Accept to display your resume and open up two-way messaging to discuss the position further.
- Search opportunities & express your interest: Search opportunities on our Schools and Families pages. Bookmark opportunities or click "Apply" to express your interest.
- Get job offers—for free: If your conversation advances to a job offer, you can continue to get support from Selected. We also encourage you to speak with several employers to ensure that you find a great fit so that you can teach at for an employer you love!
You can get started by creating an account here.