On Selected, you're only visible to employers that match your preferences (locations, grade levels, employer type, etc.) From there, we encourage you to respond to the messages you receive from school's you'd be interested in working for!
We request that you respond in a timely manner (at most 7 days) if you are interested since many employer searches are time-sensitive.
What does it mean to respond to a message?
- Replying to a message does NOT mean committing to a position—or even an interview!
- It simply means that the employer will be able to view your resume, contact information, and opens up the conversation about opportunities they have now/in the future.
What happens if I do not respond to a message?
- While you're welcome to do so, please know that you're not just passing on the opportunity they've messaged you about—this hides your profile from EVER being considered by that employer again.
Pro tip: Activity on the platform will help boost your profile's visibility to other matching employers.
- Be open to opportunities: Candidates that speak to more schools get better results. If you are on the fence, try speaking to the school to learn more — you never know! If you choose not to respond to a school, your profile will be hidden from the school indefinitely.
Pro tip: If the school is reaching out about a position you're not interested in, it's better to respond and let them know what types of positions you are interested in instead!
- If you found a job: Let Selected know by clicking the "REPORT HIRE" button on the top right of the Profile tab so we can deactivate your account and stop sending you notifications. As a reminder, getting hired through Selected is always free for both candidates AND employers!