What is a Headline?
Headline is a short blurb that introduces yourself to schools that are deciding whether to send you an initial message and talk more. Below is an example of what you look like to a school:
What makes an effective headline?
- Communicates what makes you unique — what can you contribute to a school?
- What hard skills, experience, and accomplishments do you bring to the table?
- What are you passionate about? What do you value?
- Succinct, grammatical, polished
Can you give me examples?
Below are a few Headlines from real candidates who were successfully hired on our platform (edited to protect privacy):
- Middle school science and social studies teacher with proven track record of academic achievement, TFA alumna, founding charter school teacher, passionate about science!
- Results-driven elementary school teacher. Bilingual (Spanish/English). Masters in Elementary Education with a concentration in Reading. Based in CO. Open to relocation!
- Enthusiastic, bilingual (Spanish) early childhood teacher passionate about the life-long impact of a strong early childhood education on future success.
- Passionate, innovative teacher trained to deliver Common Core Curriculum within an elementary classroom setting. MS Ed Special Education expected 2018.
- 2nd year English Language Arts teacher in Title I NJ school. TFA 20XX alum. MS Ed in Reading, Writing, and Literacy, University of X. BA, X College.
- Student-driven, data-informed bilingual (Spanish) elementary educator. Inspiring students since 2014. Former TFA. Johns Hopkins Masters Graduate. Relocating to NYC.
- Results-driven high school special educator in the New Visions for Public Schools Hunter College Urban Teacher Residency.
- Academic and research-driven elementary school teacher experienced in ELL, Special Education, ELA, Math, Science, Social Studies, and Music.
- Results-driven Literacy / English and Math Teacher. Dual certified in elementary and special education.
- Experienced elementary school teacher. Problem solver. Data driven. Social-emotional education enthusiast. Relationship builder. Differentiated curriculum designer.
- Elementary teacher who has a growth mindset for all students in their academic and emotional abilities. Providing GRIT instruction and instilling responsibility.
- Recent high school, 12th grade, bilingual English teacher seeking employment for school year 2018-19.
- Looking for a tutor/teacher for your family or homeschooling pod for this school year? I am an experienced classroom teacher who has worked with kids from age 5 to 18 in many subjects. Science and math are my specialties.
- Innovative elementary educator passionate about literacy. Excited to have in-home teaching experiences! New York State Certification (early childhood education grades Pre-K-2).
- Experienced, enthusiastic and motivated STEM Educator dedicated to meeting the diverse needs of students and parents. Bilingual: Arabic and English
Interested in Both Role Types:
- Lifelong learner and educator passionate about helping students develop knowledge in diverse settings!
- Adaptable teacher experienced working with students from diverse cultural, economic and educational backgrounds. Able to identify and support the specific needs of students whether at home or in school!
- Special educator looking to broaden her horizons in the education field. Pennsylvania State certified in general and special education for children birth through sixth grade.