What is a Headline?
Headline is a short blurb that introduces yourself to schools that are deciding whether to send you an invitation to connect and talk more. Below is an example of what you look like to a school:
What makes an effective headline?
- Communicates what makes you unique — what can you contribute to a school?
- What hard skills, experience, and accomplishments do you bring to the table?
- What are you passionate about? What do you value?
- Succinct, grammatical, polished
Can you give me examples?
Below are a few Headlines from real candidates who were successfully hired on our platform (edited to protect privacy):
- Middle school science and social studies teacher with proven track record of academic achievement, TFA alumna, founding charter school teacher, passionate about science!
- Results-driven elementary school teacher. Bilingual (Spanish/English). Masters in Elementary Education with a concentration in Reading. Based in CO. Open to relocation!
- Enthusiastic, bilingual (Spanish) early childhood teacher passionate about the life-long impact of a strong early childhood education on future success.
- Passionate, innovative teacher trained to deliver Common Core Curriculum within an elementary classroom setting. MS Ed Special Education expected 2018.
- 2nd year English Language Arts teacher in Title I NJ school. TFA 20XX alum. MS Ed in Reading, Writing, and Literacy, University of X. BA, X College.
- Student-driven, data-informed bilingual (Spanish) elementary educator. Inspiring students since 2014. Former TFA. Johns Hopkins Masters Graduate. Relocating to NYC.
- Results-driven high school special educator in the New Visions for Public Schools Hunter College Urban Teacher Residency.
- Academic and research-driven elementary school teacher experienced in ELL, Special Education, ELA, Math, Science, Social Studies, and Music.
- Results-driven Literacy / English and Math Teacher. Dual certified in elementary and special education.
- Experienced elementary school teacher. Problem solver. Data driven. Social-emotional education enthusiast. Relationship builder. Differentiated curriculum designer.
- Elementary teacher who has a growth mindset for all students in their academic and emotional abilities. Providing GRIT instruction and instilling responsibility.
- Recent high school, 12th grade, bilingual English teacher seeking employment for school year 2018-19.
- Looking for a tutor/teacher for your family or homeschooling pod for this school year? I am an experienced classroom teacher who has worked with kids from age 5 to 18 in many subjects. Science and math are my specialties.
- Innovative elementary educator passionate about literacy. Excited to have in-home teaching experiences! New York State Certification (early childhood education grades Pre-K-2).
- Experienced, enthusiastic and motivated STEM Educator dedicated to meeting the diverse needs of students and parents. Bilingual: Arabic and English
Interested in Both Role Types:
- Lifelong learner and educator passionate about helping students develop knowledge in diverse settings!
- Adaptable teacher experienced working with students from diverse cultural, economic and educational backgrounds. Able to identify and support the specific needs of students whether at home or in school!
- Special educator looking to broaden her horizons in the education field. Pennsylvania State certified in general and special education for children birth through sixth grade.