What We Do For You
The good news is that Selected does a lot out of the box to ensure high candidate responsiveness:
- Every candidate you contact immediately receives an email with your message and a link to your school profile.
- Every candidate you initially contact receives a text message notification of your message on Selected.
- Candidates receive weekly email reminders to respond to schools that have reached out to them.
- Candidates who are deemed inactive (i.e., limited activity on the site) are removed from schools' candidate pools and/or marked with an "Inactive" label.
As you may know, all candidates on Selected are approved to join the site by our team:
- 100% candidates are pre-screened.
- 100% candidates are actively looking for roles
What You Should Do
- Complete your school profile. As mentioned above, your school profile is visible publicly and its url is shared with any candidate you message with. First impressions matter, so upload a logo and share additional details about your school.
- Your first message matters. Here are some tips on how to compose a great first outreach message. Avoid immediately asking them to complete any internal applications until after you've qualified their interest in your school and the role you have to offer. Many schools invite Selected candidates straight to the phone screen to accelerate the process given the high candidate quality.
- Follow up immediately to candidates who respond to your outreach. It's on you to continue the conversation after you send the initial message -- keep candidates warm and make sure to include a call to action (e.g., intro phone call/interview).
- Log onto Selected frequently. The market for quality teachers is always hot, and quality teachers get contacted by schools quickly on Selected. To ensure you're at the top of the queue, you need to be one of the first to message them and one of the first to respond (see above re: "Follow up immediately") to accelerate that ideal candidate through your process.
- Integrate Selected with your ATS. This is something we can absolutely help with. Selected currently integrates with Greenhouse and JazzHR we are working hard on additional integrations. Just let us know which ATS you use and we'll figure out the best way to help.
At Minimum, Keep Building that Pipeline
Even if the candidate fails to respond to your initial message, the effort is not lost. If you follow the steps above, candidates will leave with a positive experience with your school which will pay dividends down the road as you build your long-term pipeline.