At Selected, we take pride in saving you time by providing you with a pool of pre-screened, quality candidates. You can be confident that every candidate you see on Selected is qualified, actively job-searching, and interested in your school region(s) + grade levels.
Below is more detail about what we look for in a candidate (so you don't have to!).
Step 1: Baseline Criteria
Candidates must first meet these criteria to be considered:
- Earned a Bachelor’s degree by the school year for which they are applying
- Are currently located AND authorized to work in the US
Step 2: Qualifications
If a candidate satisfies our baseline criteria, we then look for one or more of the following:
- Education Degree (completed or in progress)
- Certification (completed or in progress)
- Teaching Experience
If a candidate does not have 1 of the above, we make exceptions for those with both:
- Demonstrated content expertise in a high need subject area (STEM, SpEd, core content areas)
- Experience working K-12 Youth
This process helps us build a candidate pool that is
high quality and diverse, featuring:
Did you know?
Many candidates are sourced from our School of Education partnerships with major schools and ed organizations around the country (Harvard, Temple, Hunter College, The University of Texas San Antonio, Teach For America, and 40+ more!) where we provide career and ongoing professional development support to their students and alumni.